Skip to main content

Get A Quick Quote Now

O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide is an Ideal Plasticizer for Many Applications

Jan 07, 2013

Click here for a quick quote on O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide!

OPTSAParchem – fine & specialty chemicals is a leading supplier of specialty plasticizers such as O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide

O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide [CAS: 1333-07-9] is a white crystalline powder that is a blend of ortho-toluene sulfonamide (o-Methylbenzenesulfonamide CAS: 88-19-7) & p-toluene sulfonamide (4-Methylbenzenesulfonamide CAS: 70-55-3). O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide is also referred to sometimes as o,p-methylbenzenesulfonamide, toluene-2,4-sulfonamide, O,P-Toluene Sulfonamide, or for short OPTSA.

O/P-toluene sulfonamide is primarily used as a plasticizer due to its ability to improve stability, flexibility, salt resistance, and flow properties in resins. In particular, O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide is known for its ability to create a smooth and uniform gloss in resins. It creates this gloss by improving the resin’s wetting ability with fillers that allows for easier mixing and more unified finish. O/P-toluene sulfonamide is very commonly used in melamine resins, thermosetting resins, laminating resins, thermoplastics and other general coating applications. Additionally, it is used in the manufacturing of dyes, pigments, inks, as a brightener in nickel-plating formulations, as a raw material for OPTSA plasticizers and mixtures, and as a building block for organic synthesis applications. O/P-toluene sulfonamide also acts as an antistatic agent in polyamides and has moderately strong fungicide properties.

Parchem – fine and specialty chemicals supplies O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide in 3 different blends: 20/80 OPTSA, 30/70 OPTSA, & 40/60 OPTSA

Parchem also supplies custom blends of OPTSA upon request, so please contact Parchem – fine and specialty chemicals today or click here for a quick quote on O/P-Toluene Sulfonamide!


Become a customer

If you have any questions about our products and services, please contact us at 1-800-282-3982 , or complete the online form.